Spain in June?

• 20 Replies
  • Started by GabbyPortalatin
  • Last Post Created 7 Years Ago
GabbyPortalatin's Profile Pic

Posted on Thu May 12, 2011

Hey everyone!

My name is Gabby, and I'll be in Madrid from May28th-June26th. Will any of you be in spain during that time? It would fun to have a travel/shopping buddy while I'm there. Also, is there anyone who is currently in Spain that can offer any tips? It would be a big help. Thanks!

Gabby

mstehlin's Profile Pic

Posted on Sat May 14, 2011

I'm gonna be living in Santander, on the north coast from early June to early August. Can't wait!!!

oliviar's Profile Pic

Posted on Sat May 14, 2011

I'm going to be in Madrid too, from May 18th to June 30th! So excited!!

Arturojuanzel's Profile Pic

Posted on Sun May 15, 2011

Yeah, I'll also be in Alcobendas, Madrid from May 15th till June 30th. We should all meet up sometime.

deanna0128's Profile Pic

I will be living in Alcorcon from May 28- Aug 14. Meeting up sounds great!

KyleK's Profile Pic

I will be in Majadahonda (NW suburb of Madrid) June 20th - August 1st.

Lyds's Profile Pic

I will be there from June 20 until September 20...3 whole months. I'd love to meet up with anyone.

Posted on Mon May 16, 2011

Would any of you be interested in travelling to other cities together? Like Barcelona or even to the south? I would love to take either one day or overnight trips. Please let me know if you're interested.

andibattiola's Profile Pic

Posted on Mon May 16, 2011

I would love to travel and meet up! I will be in Alcorcon from June 1st- August 15th.

ChelseaMendel's Profile Pic

Posted on Tue May 17, 2011

I'll be in Majadahonda from June 15th to July 15th, and then I'll be at the beach in Santander with my host family for the remainder of July. I am definitely down for traveling on the weekends, to Barcelona or anywhere else. Is anyone planning to travel more after their program is over?

jn205733's Profile Pic

Posted on Tue May 17, 2011

I'll be in Ciempozuelos from May 18th until July 18th! I plan to travel so having someone to come with would be great.

Posted on Wed May 18, 2011

Aside from meeting up to shop or hang out, I would LOVE to visit Barcelona and even go down south, possibly to Granada. If you're interested in that, maybe we should pick a weekend? I would be down for a one day or overnight trip to Barcelona since my host family is basically giving me weekends off.

LauraAnn's Profile Pic

Posted on Thu May 19, 2011

Is anyone is taking Spanish language classes while you're here? I'm thinking about taking classes with Enforex in Madrid. I'm wondering if you would have any suggestions or if anyone is attending another place?

oliviar's Profile Pic

Posted on Fri May 20, 2011

I want to take some Spanish classes, too. Club de Espanol seems to have reasonable prices and a good amount of class choices.

Steeley's Profile Pic

Posted on Fri May 20, 2011

Hi. My name is Caroline. I'll be in Madrid from tomorrow until 19th June and would be up for meeting for lunch/coffee etc. Could also be interested in a trip south. I get friday and saturdays off then dont have a class til sunday evening so if that ties in with anyone would be great! Also looking for a Spanish school just to do a few classes a week if anyone has any joy let me know.

StephanieCastillo's Profile Pic

Posted on Sun May 22, 2011

Hello everyone. I have been here since January. I live in Merida which is a few hours from Madrid but easily accesible by bus and train. If anyone needs any advice I am more than willing to give some! :)

P.S Add me on facebook and we can keep in touch http://www.facebook.com/StepOnMeCastillo

Janelle_Hurrell's Profile Pic

Posted on Sun May 29, 2011

Hey Guys,

Yay so excited there are like minded people out there :)
Im heading to Majadahonda on the 9th June (Kyle, wonder how close you are to me ) and yes I would love to have some friends to travel with and meet up with while here. I also want to get to Barcelona, sounds like this is a great forum to make this work. I am living in Majadahonda for a month, then heading to Italy to do the same thing over there :) And while in Madrid I celebrate my birthday, so it would be really nice to have some friends to celebrate this with.

I am travelling with a global sim which I wont start up til the 8th June, but my number is +37259775711

Look forward to meeting as many of you as possible

Janelle

emilynikkel's Profile Pic

Posted on Thu Jun 02, 2011

Hi everyone!

I just got placed with a family, and I will be in Madrid from June 13th - August 13th!

Traveling and meeting up somewhere in Spain sounds great! Does anyone have ideas for any particular places? I have visited a few cities in Spain, but I am up to go anywhere!

In addition, I would love to meet up with anyone else who is in Madrid for lunch, dinner, bars, discotecas, etc... it's always nice to have friends around. :)

Add me on Facebook too - my name is Emily Nikkel and my network is Vanderbilt. I hope to meet you guys soon!

Schoelzel's Profile Pic

Posted on Thu Jun 02, 2011

Hi Emily!
I will be in Madrid from June 29-August 3 and I would love to get together. I haven't been to Spain before, so I am looking to explore as much as possible.

Shannon

lorenalinares's Profile Pic

Posted on Fri Jun 03, 2011

Hola!
I just arrived in Madrid today and will be here until the 16th of July....Who wants to get together this weekend? coffee? discoteca?
Im not on facebook so please email me at laurenlinares@yahoo.com
ciao
Lorena

Janelle_Hurrell's Profile Pic

Posted on Fri Jun 10, 2011

Hey guys, so I too have made it to Madrid.

I am heading out today to sign up for spanish classes for two weeks with inhispana, the have no plans for this weekend, so would love to meet you and hang out.

I however would like to put forward a date for a weekend in Barcelona.... perhaps leave late friday night 24th June and come back early monday 27th June. I have yet to sus out prices, but due to me flying for so long to get here I am thinking about training it, then perhaps you may see a little more of the countryside. So the weekend was 25 and 26th June.

Whos with me??

Also if people would like to catch up for the weekend please text me on +37259775711

I look forward to hearing from you.
Janelle